Monday, October 12, 2009

Year

Time has a way of slipping by. If you blink long enough you'll never see anything ever again. I did a little blinking and all of a sudden it's mid October. Exactly one year after the day I said my goodbyes. The time inbetween my return from Bulgaria now doubles my time spent
there, but I feel like only half as much has happened, even though I'm twice as busy.

I'm begining to feel restless but for what? The idea of staying in the same place and doing the same thing for too long makes me uneasy but I don't know where else I would go; I don't know what else I would do.

I need to set some goals.

For the first time I took the Meyers-Briggs personality test. And I freaks me out how well I can be summed up after answering a list of true or false statements. I'm an ENTP. Exrtovertion. Intuition. Thinking. Perceptive. A rationalist-inventor type. Who knew?

I like looking at information from a global viewpoint, spotting patterns and relationships, focusing on possibilities, bouncing new ideas off people, challenging the status quo, applying logical anaylsis and seeing the underlying priciples in situations.

This has made me realize what kind of career I really want. I want to go into public policy and urban/regional planning. I have to. the test told me so. This of course means grad school.

I guess I have a goal.
I get the feeling that was the easy part.

No comments: