Wednesday, September 3, 2008

For The Tames

To James and Theresa: Congrats.
In your honor I am blogging about a meal that I loved, that is vegetarian, and contains only things that James can find in his stupid little village.

Now get ready to forget everything you thought you knew about Stuffed Cabbage.

  • First, saute some onion and garlic in oil in a pot. Once it's cooked a bit add 1 parts lentils & rice and 2 parts stock, broth, or water, let cook.
  • Meanwhile, Core a cabbage and tear off a bunch leaves and steam them. Once they get flexible take them out.
  • When the lentils and rice are cooked lay portions on the cabbage like so.

  • Then wrap them up and put back in the steamer

  • Steam another 10 mins or so, and eat.
Let me know how it turns out, this one might be a good submission to the cookbook. I also made a lemony lentil salad the other day that turned out all right. Last night, Seth was talking about ratatouille, and the eggplants downstairs look really good today. Now if only I could find a decent Bordeaux. Oh well, maybe in two years.

1 comment:

Quill said...

Thanks, Joel. I think. I may actually be able to manage that recipe too.

But don't expect any sympathy on the good Bordeaux situation.