Monday, September 29, 2008

What do we always say is most important?

I am continually baffled at what passes for breakfast in the country.

Things I do NOT see Bulgarians have for breakfast

*Toast
*Eggs
*Pancakes
*Cereal
*Granola
*Oatmeal
*Fruit

Things that I DO see Bulgarians have for breakfast.

*Pizza covered in ketchup and mayonnaise
*Cheese wrapped in fried phylo-dough
*A slab of mystery meat on piece of white bread
*Packaged croissant filled with chocolate
*Whatever was left over from dinner
*Cigarettes
*A Beer

I didn't realize just how breakfast conscious I was until now. I guess all those food pyramid programs in elementary school actually paid off.

1 comment:

D said...

i think american breakfast is the weird one. korean students would always give me a curious look and tell me about eating rice, soup, and kimchi for breakfast