Wednesday, July 15, 2009

javsjavsjavs

Last night I went to go see Javelins at The Elbow Room in Ypsi. I had not seen them since January of '07 and I have to say, they kicked so much ass. I had always kinda liked them, but I am now a full fledged fan(alliteration.) Julian's bass playing really surprised me and Matt R is one of the few people I know who can pull off the drummer/singer combo.

I have to make a seperate paragraph about Matt H.'s guitar playing. Seriously. That dude. He is like a melding of my two favorite guitar players of all time into one person. He takes the poppy inctricate melodies of Johnny Marr (Smiths) and combines it with this HUGE and lucious sound that reminds me a lot of Kevin Shields (My Bloody Valentine). He has to be my favorite guitar player on the local/regional level, and he competes for my favorite current axe man out there.

Check them out, it will be worth it.

No comments: